Safecon – An Expert Provider of Quality Control Courses
At Safecon, we believe training is essential in all aspects of a modern business. It empowers your organisation to perform more effectively by giving your people the skills and knowledge they need to carry out specific tasks and fulfil their roles.
We have extensive practical experience in developing and providing a wide range of popular and successful training courses.
Our company is an IRCA-certified training organisation and FETAC-registered training provider. Many of our training courses are certified by specialist professional institutions, such as NEBOSH, IOSH, IRCA, FETAC and IEMA. All of our tutors have third-level certification in training and further education in their area of expertise, as well as extensive personal experience in the subject matter they deliver.
Documenting Management Systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001/EMAS, OHSAS 18001)
Documenting Management Systems – Background To become certified to management system standards such as ISO 9001, ISO14001 or OHSAS 18001, it is essential to develop a comprehensive and effective documentation system. Organisations that already have a certified management system (e.g. ISO 9001) may wish to expand this to meet the requirements of additional standards (e.g. ISO 14001). Deciding where these sorts of systems overlap is important to minimising documentation and avoiding duplication.This one-day course will be of interest to companies who are at an early stage of developing a management system (quality, environmental and/or health & safety) and who wish to identify the documentation requirements and develop an action plan to get started. This course aims to provide learners with an understanding of the documentation requirements of these standards and how these can apply to their organisation.
Documenting Management Systems – Course Objectives This course is designed to facilitate learners by:
- Determining the documentation requirements of ISO 9001.
- Determining the documentation requirements of ISO 14001/EMAS.
- Determining the documentation requirements of OHSAS 18001.
- Giving learners an understanding of the document control requirements of international management system standards.
- Giving learners ideas and example of draft procedures.
- Giving learners the knowledge to prepare a manual.
- Giving learners an understanding of change control.
Documenting Management Systems – Who Should AttendThis course is intended for those involved in the early stages of preparation of a management system or for employees who are required to participate in maintaining or improving a management system and generate or control its documentation.
Documenting Management Systems – Course Programme
- Overview of management system standards.
- Documentation requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. An outline of the clauses of the standards with particular reference to their documentation requirements.
- Document control.
- The categories of documents applicable to a management system and their issue and approval. Methods of circulation control, change control and the setting up of master files.
- Drafting procedures and work instructions.
- Preparing quality plans.
- The purpose of the manual, its minimum content, sample format and compilation.
- How documentation systems are audited and some common non-conformances.
- Integrated management systems (IMS).
- Electronic based document management systems.
Documenting Management Systems – Course Manual The comprehensive manual contains copies of the course presentation slides with additional notes and reading material. This manual proves to be an excellent source of reference after the course.
Documenting Management Systems – Training MethodologyThis classroom-based course is highly interactive. All courses use accelerated learning where possible. Courses use PowerPoint slides and other multimedia where appropriate e.g. Video, DVD. Practical examples are given throughout all courses.