Under the The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Biological Agents) Regulations 1994 (SI 146 of 1994), an employer is You are required to assess the risks from legionella bacteria that may affect your staff / residents or members of the public and take suitable precautions to reduce all risks to a minimum. This process is known as a legionella risk assessment.
What is contented in Legionella Assessment ?
A Legionella Assessment:
- include a full asset register outlining exactly which systems on-site fall within these guidelines.
- Carry out sampling of suspected water systems if required
- outlines the current condition of the water systems and whether the water storage is hygienic
- check whether water temperatures are satisfactory for the control of Legionella bacteria.
- includes digital photographs of assets.
- includes AutoCAD schematic drawings of water systems.
- defines any remedial actions required to achieve compliance with the guidelines.
- provides a schedule for on-going monitoring.
- provides you with a clear understanding of how the guidelines relate directly to your site. You will have proof to show external agencies that you are taking the correct course of action.
Do you need a legionella risk assessment in your organisation ?
- Have you identified a need for Legionella Assessment in your workplace?
- Have you competence within your organisation to carry out an assessment?
- Are you in line with legislative requirements in this area?
Date Legionella Assessment Related Information