Safecon – An Expert Provider of Location of Underground Services Courses
Safecon is a leading provider of Location of Underground Services, Location of Underground Services Courses, and Location of Underground Services Training in Ireland.
At Safecon, we pride ourselves on giving the best quality, value & dedication to our clients nationwide. Please review the course list for more details on our courses. We are only a phone call away from helping you decide when course is best for you.
Call Safecon Training on 01-6853018 or Mobile 0863426792, or
Send a Quick Enquiry Form to us and we will respond by email or phone.
The Course is designed to make candidates aware of the dangers involved in excavating on the public highway & private land. It will train delegates in the use of cable detection equipment and to detect and avoid most buried apparatus.
To provide the participants with the required knowledge and skills to carry out the location and avoidance of underground services when involved with excavation works.
- Legal & Occupational Responsibilities
- Liaison with others
- Risk Assessment
- Planning the work
- Safe Systems of Work
- Video Presentation
- Introduction to location & detection equipment – functional checks
- Practical on-site location of underground services (by each delegate)
- Practical techniques for locating various services – pipes, cables, street lighting, concrete reinforcing bars and locating tee connections.
- Further practical exercise – incorporating all associated equipment
- Maintenance & storage of equipment
- Safe digging techniques
- Ten Golden rules of locating
- Questions & Answers
Pre Course Requirements:
- Have a valid Safe Pass Registration Card
- Complete a CSCS Training/Assessment Programme
Assessment / Certification
FÁS CSCS (Construction Sector Certification Scheme) FETAC Level 5 certification and identity card for successful applicants.
Maximum of 8
Date Underground Services Related Information