Safecon has brought together a team of professionals who fuse safety and health with a sound, practical engineering philosophy.
Our experience both nationally and in Europe gives our clients the assurance and confidence they require to ensure compliance with their new responsibilities. Since the introduction of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006, Safecon has from our our offices in Dubllin, Limerick, Cork and Galwat acted as Project Supervisor Design Process ( PSDP ) on over 200 projects around the country, varying from small fit-out projects to major school, university, healthcare and commercial developments.
- Safecon can provide the safety expertise and competence as a cost effective solution to assist designers, architects, project managers etc, in fulfilling the PSDP and Health and Safety Coordinator roles.
- Meeting with and advising the client on the client’s duties and responsibilities under the Regulations and the Safety, Health & Welfare Act 2005.
- Attending Design Team meetings and liaising with Design Team leader, as required, to fulfil the duties of PSDP under the Regulations, recording health & safety issues, and ensuring that particular hazards and risks are addressed in an appropriate manner.
- Preparation of a brief overall Design Safety Review to be issued to the Client summarising the risk assessments of all the designers (and the actions arising there from).
- Preparation of a Preliminary Health & Safety Plan for the construction of the project.
- Assisting the client in assessing the competency and sufficiency of resources of Contractors to act both as Project Supervisor (Construction) Stage and as Contractors if requested.
- Attending site and site meetings during the construction phase, as required, fulfilling the duties of PSDP under the Regulations.
- Preparation of a Safety File and issuing the PSDP Safety File to the Client.