Solas Safe pass Course
Safecon – An Expert Provider of Construction Safety Courses
Safecon is a leading provider of Construction Safety Training in Ireland. Safecon deliver both Private and Public Working at Heights training courses in Ireland. We have training centres based in Dublin, Limerick, Cork and Galway at which we carry out regular public Working at Heights courses at monthly intervals. At Safecon, we pride ourselves on giving the best quality, value & dedication to our clients nationwide. Please review the course list for more details on our courses. We are only a phone call away from helping you decide when course is best for you.
The Solas Safe Pass Health and Safety Awareness Training Programme is to ensure that, over the course of time, all workers in construction will have a basic knowledge of health and safety, and be able to work on-site without being a risk to themselves or others who might be affected by their acts or omissions. From a health and safety perspective, construction workers are bound by law to hold a valid Safe Pass card. With this Background in mind the programme was developed in consultation with interested parties.
Part 1, Section 4 of the Safety Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 provides details on the categories of workers that recognise a Safety Awareness Registration Card. Construction apprentices registered under the Standards Based Apprenticeship Scheme, and trainees undergoing traineeships in the Construction Industry are also required to have a Safety Awareness Registration Card.
Solas Safe pass Training Objective
- To raise the standard of safety awareness in the construction industry;
- To ensure that all site personnel undergo basic health and safety awareness training with a view
- To making a positive contribution to the prevention of accidents and avoidance of health hazards;
- To maintain a register of personnel who have received such training;
- To provide all participants with a SOLAS Safe Pass registration card which will indicate that the holder has attended a formal course in health and safety awareness.
Content of Solas Safe Pass Training Programme
- Health & Safety at work legislation
- Health & Safety duties and responsibilities at work
- Accident Prevention and accident reporting
- Promoting a Safety Culture
- Working at heights
- Excavations, confined spaces, underground and overhead services
- Working with Electricity
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Use of hand held equipment, tools & machinery
- Safe use of Vehicles
- Noise & Vibrations
- Manual Handling
- Health & Hygiene
This Solas Safe Pass training combines lecture methods with “hands-on” practical work with different types of materials.
Date Solas Safe Pass Related Information
2015-07-01 Upcoming Safepass courses in Dublin Galway and Limerick by Safecon See More