Safecon’s Environmental Consultants have a proven record in the development and implementation of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) for clients across a range of industrial sectors.
We are experienced in the development of site specific systems to meet the requirements of IPPC Licences, ISO 14001, EMAS and corporate guidelines.
We understanding and meeting the individual needs of each client in a flexible and responsive manner and designing systems to meet the requirements of ISO 14001 and/or EMAS and to ensure improved control and management of environmental issues.
Benefits of implementing an EMS include:
- Improved corporate image
- Ability to address environmental legislation within a structured framework
- Enhanced market opportunities, i.e. green consumerism
- Improved profile for investors and insurers
- Framework for regulatory compliance
- Improved relations with the local community
- Internal/external communications
Safecon can assist you as follows:
1. Preparation of initial environmental review (IER) report
The initial environmental review is a baseline evaluation of your current performance and forms the basis for developing the environmental management system. The review will also identify your legislative and regulatory obligations with regards to the environment.
Aspects reviewed includes:
- Aqueous and gaseous emissions
- Hazardous and Non-hazardous waste
- Noise, dust and vibration
- Energy resources such as water, fuel and energy
- Supply-side activities
- Product design
- Habitats and eco-systems
2. Identification of environmental aspects
The identification and review of aspects includes an assessment of existing monitoring data and an evaluation of licence discharge requirements, if appropriate.
3. Preparation of Legislative Requirement Document
We can assist you in preparing/updating your legislative requirement which allows you to assess compliance with your legislative and regulatory requirements.
4. Planning the EMS
We can assist you in drafting the following documents:
- Environmental Policy;
- Environmental Aspects;
- Environmental Manual;
- Environmental Procedures Manual;
- Environmental Management Programme (objectives & targets);
- Internal/external Communications
5. Setting environmental objectives and targets and implementing management programme
The setting of environmental objectives and targets plays a key role in directing and assessing the EMS and helps to continually improve and maintain a high standard of environmental performance. The objectives and targets will demonstrate a strong linkage to the most significant environmental aspects, and should reference legislative and regulatory obligations. Implementation of the environmental management programme ensures that the objectives and targets are achieved.
6. Implementing the EMS
We can assist you in implementing the EMS as follows:
- Implementation of procedures
- Environmental awareness training
- Training of environmental auditors and lead auditors (IEMA accredited)
- Hazardous chemical and spillage response training
- Workshops for senior managers, supervisors and operators
- Waste management programmes
- Emergency preparedness and planning
7. Pre-assessment audit
We will undertake a comprehensive pre-assessment audit of your EMS. The audit will be preceded by a documentation review. A detailed report will be furnished listing all environmental non-compliances and suggesting suitable corrective action, where appropriate.
8. On-going complianceM
We can provide assistance with the on-going maintenance and review of the EMS.
These services include:
- Internal auditing
- Updates of Register of Environmental Legislation
- Updating the Register of Environmental Aspects
- Awareness training
9. Other environmental services
- IPPC Licence Applications
- Annual Environmental Reports (AERs)
- Environmental Liability Risk Assessments (ELRAs)
- Waste Management Programmes
- Due Diligence/Divestment Audits
- GHG Verification
- Storage Integrity Testing
- Air & Effluent Dispersion Analysis
- Environmental and Occupational Noise Monitoring and Control Services
Safecon ISO 14001 Consultancy Dublin
Safecon ISO 14001 Consultancy Limerick
Safecon ISO 14001 Consultancy Galway
Safeecon ISO 14001 Consultancy Cork