Safecon – an expert consultancy firm in implementing Safety Management Systems
An Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (ohsms) provides a framework for managing OHS responsibilities so they become more efficient and more integrated into overall business operations.
OHS Management systems are based on standards, which specify a process of achieving continuously improved OHS performance and complying with legislation. Safecon Management Systems offers registration to the internationally recognised assessment specification OHSAS 18001 (which was based on the original British Standard BS 8800).
Certified to OHSAS 18001 ourselves, we understand the benefits and challenges ofimplementing a formal health and safety management system.
The benefits of an OHSAS 18001 management system include:
• Reduced likelihood of personal injury to employees
• A framework for compliance with health and safety legislation
• Increased productivity
• A better profile with investment and insurance bodies
• An improved corporate image
We will guide you through any or all parts of the implementation process, including:
• Carrying out gap analysis to health and safety management standards
• Preparing health and safety documentation, including procedures, safety statements and policies
• Developing health and safety objectives, targets and management programmes
• Drafting and interpreting registers of Irish and EU legislation
• Conducting risk assessments
• Delivering training and awareness programmes
• Carrying out pre-assessment audits
• Implementing monitoring programmes
• Providing ongoing compliance
Date Safety Management Systems Related Information