Safecon – An Expert Provider of Manual Handling Instructor Training Courses
We have a number of courses coming up for Manual Handling Instructor courses in both July and August.
Safecon is a leading provider of Manual Handling Instructor Training Courses in Ireland. Safecon deliver both Private and Public Instructor Training courses in Ireland. We have training centres based in Dublin, Limerick, Cork and Galway at which we carry out regular public Working at Heights courses at monthly intervals.
At Safecon, we pride ourselves on giving the best quality, value & dedication to our clients nationwide. Please review the course list for more details on our courses. We are only a phone call away from helping you decide when course is best for you.
Manual Handling Instructor Course Background:
This QQI Level 6 Manual Handling instructor course is for individuals who wish to carry out risk assessments & provide manual handling training in the workplace. Comfortable clothing and normal (closed toe) shoes should be worn during this course. As this course is involved with not only the practical side of lifting and manual handling, a certain degree of fitness/ flexibility is required. Any injury to the back, knee or other relevant areas should be made clear to us before the start of training.
A refresher course is usually recommended to be done every 4 to 5 years.
Manual Handling Instructor Training Course Content:
On completion of this FETAC Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor course learners will be able to:
- Explain the main components of relevant manual handling health and safety legislation
- Define the main components of the spinal column
- Explain the main risk factors for back injuries related to manual handling
- Describe the concepts of ergonomics in relation to manual handling
- Explain the manual handling risk assessment process
- To be able to carry out manual handling risk assessments
- Describe a range of controls to avoid and reduce the risk of manual handling injuries
- Apply the main principles of inanimate manual handling to a range of manual handling tasks
- Analyse the learners performance of manual handling techniques
- Develop inanimate manual handling training courses
- Deliver effective manual handling training courses
- Demonstrate understanding of adult learning principles
- Give effective instruction in practical manual handling techniques Demonstrate an understanding of adult learning principles
The aim of this QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to carry out manual handling risk assessments & to effectively design and deliver manual handling instruction in the workplace. The overall goal of this training is to reduce the risk of injury and accident in the workplace.
This course takes 5 days to complete.