Upcoming Course Dates
To book a place on a course go to: http://www.primcare.ie/
Dublin: 1st, 8th, 11th, 15th, 22nd and 29th of July, 5th, 12th, 15th, 19th and 26th of August.
Cork: 25th of July and 29th of August
Limerick: 18th of July and 22nd of August
The Need for Manual Handling Training. At Safecon, we pride ourselves on giving the best quality, value & dedication to our clients nationwide. Please review the course list for more details on our courses. We are only a phone call away from helping you decide when course is best for you.
Safecon is a leading provider of Manual Handling, Manual Handling Courses, and Manual Handling Training in Ireland. Safecon deliver both Private and Public manual handling training and instructor courses in Ireland. We have training centres based in Dublin, Limerick, Cork and Galway at which we carry out regular public courses at monthly intervals. We are experts in safe manual handling & lifting practices, manual handling regulations, manual handling risk assessments and principles. . All course participants receive extensive course material that is widely recognised as being the best in the business.Safecon – An Expert Provider of Manual Handling Courses
To comply with current Health and Safety legislation, SHW at Work (General App) Regulations 2007, Part 2 Workplace and Work Equipment, Chapter 4 “Manual Handling of Loads” and Amendment Regulations 2007. Staff engaged in manual handling must be given training in safe lifting techniques. This training will show your staff how to lift correctly and therefore avoid back injuries. By training your staff how to lift safely you can avoid costly compensation claims.
Manual Handling Training Objective
- Have an appreciation on manual handling legislation
- Understand that manual handling is a key variable of good ergonomics
- Understand the parts of the back and how manual handling can affect these parts
- Appreciate the importance of good posture and fitness
- Be able to carry out a TILE manual handling risk assessment
- Demonstrate various manual handling activity such as lifting, lowering , pushing and carrying.
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
Content of Manual Handling Training Programme
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Manual Handling Legislation including previous manual handling case law
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- How the body is harmed through incorrect handling techniques
- Important of Posture and Exercise
- TILE Methodology
- Correct lifting, pushing & pulling techniques
This Manual Handling training combines lecture methods with “hands-on” practical work with different types of materials.
|Date||Manual Handling Related Information|
|2015-04-10||TPD002_Manual Handling Participant Notes|