Abrasive Wheel Instructor
To develop participants skill in training abrasive wheel operators according to the schedule of training of the abrasive wheel regulations.
On completion of this course, delegates should be able to instruct colleagues in the safe setting and use of abrasive wheels.
The Abrasive Wheel Instructor course will cover:
- Abrasive wheels regulations
- Identifying the hazards working with abrasive wheels
- Selecting the correct wheel for the job
- Inspection & testing of abrasive wheels
- Guarding of grinding and cutting operations
- Dressing and truing of abrasive wheels
- Functions of components, flanges, blotters etc
- Differences between grinding and cutting operations
- Designing a training session
- Using training aids
- Evaluating learning and providing feedback
- All participants will gain practical experience delivering training
Who should attend?
The course is intended for staff with the responsibility of training others in the correct methods and techniques of setting and dressing abrasive wheels.
Delegates will need to have successfully completed RoSPA’s ‘Abrasive Wheel Setters’ course or be able to demonstrate competency, knowledge and understanding which will adequately support training as an instructor.
An ability to instruct others is essential.
Formal training in instructional techniques is preferred, e.g. ENB 998 (teaching and assessing), City and Guilds 7331
Assessment / Certification:
The course will test both the delegates theoretical and practical knowledge of the syllabus.
All delegates who successfully complete the course in full will be awarded the RoSPA Certificate of Training.
Maximum of 12
Date Abrasive Wheel Instructor Related Information