Safecon – An Expert Provider of Safety Representative Courses
Safecon is a leading provider of Safety Representative Courses, and Safety Representative Training in Ireland. Safecon deliver both Private and Public Safety Representative training courses in Ireland. We have training centres based in Dublin, Limerick, Cork and Galway at which we carry out regular public courses at monthly intervals.
At Safecon, we pride ourselves on giving the best quality, value & dedication to our clients nationwide. Please review the course list for more details on our courses. We are only a phone call away from helping you decide when course is best for you.
Call Safecon Training on 01-6853018 or Mobile 0863426792, or
Send a Quick Enquiry Form to us and we will respond by email or phone.
Safety Representative Course Details:
Safety consultation, whether done through Safety Committees or Health and Safety Representatives, has the potential to be the most effective method of creating a positive safety culture and a communication network for the benefit of both management and employees.
Safety Representative Course Objective:
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the responsibilities and requirements for health and safety outlined in the Irish legislation.
- Explain their role and the role of consultation.
- Identify hazards, assess the risk they pose and determine appropriate risk controls if the risk cannot be eliminated.
- Participate in accident investigations.
- Access and utilise internal and external sources of health and safety information.
- Describe the content of health and safety management systems.
- Participate in workplace inspections.
- Participate in the development and review of safety statements.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication methods and skills for the purposes of effective consultation.
Safety Representative Course Programme:
- Introduction to Health and Safety.
- Roles of the parties involved in consultation.
- Risk Management.
- Accident Investigation.
- Internal and external sources of health and safety information.
- Health and safety management systems.
- Workplace inspections.
- Safety Statements.
- Effective communication.
Who should attend the Safety Representative Course?
All elected Health and Safety Representatives and members of Safety Committees, whether representing employees or management.
Safety Representative Pre-Course Requirements:
Safety Representative Course Assessment / Certification:
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued to the successful participants. Competency will be assessed on the basis of participant involvement in the course modules and in group exercises and in their performance in specific activities.
Safety Representative Course Duration:
Maximum of 15